Our experienced team nurture, engage and challenge our children. We work with families to ensure that every child’s needs are met so that they feel settled, valued and confident.
Children are able to explore the environment and engage in lots of different activities, sharing their thoughts and ideas. This will help them understand how things are different and feel confident in new surroundings.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and fun, creative and interesting activities are available based on the educational needs and development of your child.
Our Mission and Values
Our mission is to provide a stimulating, inclusive environment that meets the individual needs of children from age 2 1/2 to when they move to primary school ensuring they feel nurtured, secure and ready for their journey into the wider world.
In order to achieve this, our values are that our setting is
In accordance with the national Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for Pre-School children, our goals are to:
- Enhance the development and education of the children under statutory school age in a parent-involving, community-based group
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- Work within a framework, which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families
- To work with parents in helping their child to learn and develop
- To develop a sense of Community both within the setting and beyond
Together we can achieve anything!
Tilehouse Street Pre-School and Nursery was started in 1968 as Tilehouse Street Playgroup, brought upon from the needs of the local community for safe, secure and fun environment for children to learn independently and away from their home environment. When Ofsted was introduced, we became a registered child care provider and a member of the Early Year’s Alliance. In April 2016, after listening to the requests of our parents we became Tilehouse Street Pre-school and Nursery offering the opportunity for children to remain with us until they started Reception.